View our Coral Ridge Phase 1 Reopening Guide here.
Dear Church Family,
For weeks, our Coral Ridge team has worked on a plan to resume in-person worship services. In order to ensure the well-being of our community on a campus of our size, we will slowly phase the reopening of church gatherings. We have utilized much collective wisdom in putting together this plan including discussions with our local authorities and Church United South Florida. You can visit this page for updates regarding the next phase of reopening.
Our Phase 1 plan for reopening is as follows:
- In-person Sunday worship resumed on June 21.
- We offer two Sunday morning services. Contemporary service at 9:30AM in the Fellowship Hall and Traditional service at 11AM in the Sanctuary.
- We continue to offer a full production livestream for each service. CLICK HERE TO WATCH LIVE.
- We are not to exceed 50% capacity of any space which is 1,150 in the Sanctuary and 600 in the Fellowship Hall. Thankfully, our large capacity will allow us to meet without need of an overflow space.
- Because of the necessary sanitation required prior to each service, time does not permit us to hold both Contemporary and Traditional services in the Sanctuary.
- Bibles, hymnals, connect cards, envelopes, and pens will be temporarily removed from pews. Attendees are encouraged to download a digital bulletin as well as children and youth worship guides. All lyrics will be displayed on the screens.
- Offering plates will not be passed. Collection boxes will be available at the main exits. Online giving is encouraged at www.crpc.org/give , by text: GIVE to 954.245.0522, or by APP: search for “Coral Ridge” in the App Store (IOS & Android).
- There will be no greeting time during the service.
- There will be no prayer offered after service. Congregants are encouraged to connect with us through our online connect card at www.crpc.org/connect so we can follow up with them for prayer.
- Communion will not be served during Phase 1.
- No processional will take place in the Traditional service during Phase 1 and choir will return to the choir loft.
- We encourage the elderly and vulnerable to stay at home and watch our streamed services.
- Those who are sick, have a fever, have signs of contracting COVID-19 or the flu, or have someone in their household with symptoms, need to stay at home and worship online.
- Face coverings:
- Face coverings are mandatory for congregants at all times with the exception of children younger than 2 years old.
- A facemask will be provided upon entry for those who do not have one.
- All staff and volunteers in the audience will be wearing a facemask.
- Only persons on the stage or chancel will be permitted to not wear a face covering.
- Only essential areas of the building will be open (Fellowship Hall, Sanctuary, and adjacent restrooms). No other on site gatherings will be permitted before, during, or after worship services. Breezeways, the Narthex, and Lobby are for walking only.
- No coffee or drinks will be available.
- Social distancing of six feet should be maintained between each family unit while on campus. We encourage parents to keep their children and youth within their family unit at all times.
- Clear paths will be created when people arrive. Greeters and signage will make it clear where to go at all times.
- Open entrances to the Sanctuary will be: north and south transepts, north and south family rooms (narthex), and Grand Narthex main entrance; Open entrances to the Fellowship Hall will be north and south Lobby, and northwest hallway entrance (from the breezeway)
- Greeters with name tags will be at points of entry to welcome and hold doors for attendees.
- A Worship Host will be assigned to each section made up of staff and key volunteers. Worship Hosts will ensure proper capacity and social distancing is being met in their section and will be available to answer any questions.
- Ushers will instruct attendees where to sit. Attendees will be seated from front to back, on a first-come, first-seated basis. Attendees will not be able to choose their seat.
- Every other row will be left empty in the Sanctuary and six feet will be maintained between each family unit. Rows in the Fellowship Hall will be six feet apart with 3 seats left empty in between family units.
- Sanctuary second level balconies (only) will be open for access through the stairwells. The elevator will be closed. Elderly and handicapped are encouraged to sit on the main level.
- Attendees should not leave their section at any time unless they are using the restroom.
- After service, attendees should exit at the nearest exit.
- Disinfectant crews will sanitize each space and restroom prior to each service.
- Pews, chairs, and surfaces will be sprayed with a liquid disinfectant prior to each use.
- Attendees are encouraged to use hand sanitizer when they enter the building.
- Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall buildings have undergone a deep cleaning in preparation for reopening.
- There will be no nursery, children’s church, or preschool worship at this time.
- Children are encouraged to join their parents in service.
- The family rooms in the Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall will be open only for families with small children.
- Children will not be permitted on the playground.
- We will continue to produce an online worship guide for children.
- There will be no in-person Sunday School classes. We will continue to post classes online at www.crpc.org/sundayschool.
- Church offices are closed to guests. The Welcome Center is open Monday-Friday, 9AM-5PM for phone calls and deliveries only.
- Weekday Little Ridge childcare reopened on June 1.
- All other gatherings on campus will continue to take place virtually, with the exception of approved services such as weddings and funerals.
Thank you for your ongoing prayers and support. We are thankful to be able to worship together.
For Christ and His Church,
- SUNDAY LIVESTREAM: Our Worship Service will continue to be online every Sunday at 9:30am contemporary and 11am traditional. You can access our Worship Service at crpc.tv. You can download our worship bulletin, and kid's worship guides here.
- CHURCH ACTIVITIES ON CAMPUS: All church activities on campus have been suspended indefinitely. We will be working hard each day to provide you resources, support, and all necessary information. It is our goal to stay as connected to our church family as possible considering the current restrictions.
- PRAYER REQUESTS:All prayer requests can be submitted by clicking here. You can also submit your prayer requests on our Coral Ridge app. If you would like to pray with someone, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that our team can connect you with the right person. We want to hear how we can be praying for our church family.
- GIVING ONLINE: We believe giving is an act of worship and a response to the generosity of our God. With church services moved to an exclusively online experience, you can easily give online at crpc.org/give. Your generosity enables us to serve our community and world—not just during this crisis but all year round. Please email email@example.com you need help setting this up.
- HOW TO TALK TO YOUR KIDS: This is a culture-shaping moment for our kids. Click here for some helpful reminders when talking to them about the current situation.