• Click Play to watch video.
The Gospel frees us to liberating worship, unconditional community, and spontaneous service—and we have responded to this one-way love by serving our neighbors, both locally and internationally. God is moving in our congregation and our community, and we celebrate our church’s work in the city and around the world. Locally we have seen lives transformed through:
- Prison ministry
- Benevolence and homeless outreach
- Adopting Avondale, a neighboring community
- Counseling through Sheridan House
- Local church planting
Internationally, we are reaching out through:
- Supporting 87 missionaries
- Planting 2 churches
- Participating in missions trip (226 individuals from our congregation have gone)
Since we launched the live stream service in August, 2011, we have seen our online community grow from 643 viewers to 4,400.
As we preach the Gospel to ourselves every day, we will continue to respond to God’s amazing grace—loving others because He first loved us. But we cannot do it without the partnership of our community, in both service and giving.
We are excited to introduce an eight week giving campaign called RESPOND: because he first loved us. Here are the details of the campaign:
- The campaign will last eight weeks: the entire months of May and June, 2012.
- Our goal is to finish the fiscal year (through June) in the black and also to have half of July funded by the end of the campaign.
- In order to do this, we have calculated that we will need $756,000 in giving across those two months.
- We calculated how much more that is compared to our expected giving levels in May and June, and that large number simply boils down to this: if every family gives $56 more per week in May and June, we will hit our goal.
- Of course, no family is obligated to give. This number is just designed to put that large number in perspective. Some will give more, some will give less.
We are asking our congregation to continue to partner with us in the work of declaring and demonstrating the liberating power of the Gospel. Please prayerfully consider joining us in this campaign. Respond, because He first loved us.